Friday 27 June 2008

The Chronicles Of Narnia - Barnes Embarrassed By Hunk Status


THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: PRINCE CASPIAN star BEN BARNES is embarrassed about his newly found heart-throb status - insisting he doesn't feel comfortable when people view him as a sex symbol.

The 26-year-old shot to fame with the title role in the latest adaptation of C.S. Lewis' classic novels and he has seen his face adorning promotional posters the world over.

But Barnes insists that although he is grateful for the career boost, he is worried about becoming famous for his good looks and not his acting skills.

He says, "I find it all a bit embarrassing to be honest. All this heart-throb thing makes me look at my shoes. I don't really know how to respond to it. I suppose it's quite flattering in a way.

"But when I was shown the poster, I said to a producer in all earnestness, 'Is that sensible? Because you know no one knows who I am.'

"He said, 'The book's called Prince Caspian and we've got to put Prince Caspian on the poster. Sorry mate.' I was a bit worried actually."





See Also